Many hands make light work!
THE Team's Executive Board consists of seven positions. THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE
DIFFERENT POSITIONS ARE LISTED BELOW. ADDITIONAL DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED BY THE
EXECUTIVE BOARD FROM TIME TO TIME.
A member may hold the same position for more than one year if nominated and voted to do so by the members.
- Acts as a positive role model and provides leadership for the team
- Supervises the team’s affairs
- Collaborates with executive in management of team affairs including coaching contract
- Acts a liaison between team members and executive bringing forward concerns and questions of members
- Schedules, arranges and chairs all team and executive meetings
- Prepares the agenda for all team and executive meetings and sends the agenda to participants at least two days before the meeting.
- Acts as a secondary signing officer with the treasurer
- Attends the CCBCDBN annual festival planning meeting with the VP or Captain.
- Assists the President.
- Exercises any or all of the duties of the President in her/his absence.
- Acts as a secondary signing officer with treasurer
- Investigate sponsors for fundraising events and team sponsors
- Attends the CCBCDBN annual festival planning meeting with the President or Captain.
- Acts as a consultant to the Executive Board
- Attends executive meetings at her/his discretion.
- Chairs the nominating committee.
- Can act as a secondary signing officer with the Treasurer, if required.
- Takes team and executive meeting minutes and emails them to the executive or team members to proof
- Emails team meeting reminders a minimum of 7 days before each team meeting
- Emails executive meeting reminders a minimum of 7 days before each executive meeting
- Maintains files of the original of all team forms
- Maintains files of team and executive meeting minutes
- Responds to correspondence
- Maintains the team’s email account, email@example.com and forward messages to appropriate recipient
- Receives proxies from team members before team meetings
- Assigns team members to bring refreshments to team meetings
- Keeps and maintains the financial records and books of the team for the fiscal year.
- Completes all banking as required
- Ensures posted mail is collected and distributed
- Provides members with a financial statement at each team meeting
- Ensures tax receipts and thank you notes are sent out within 7 days for donationsof $20 or more.
- Collects annual membership fees from existing members by March 1st each year and from new members, as they join the team.
- Maintains insurance policy and Dragon Boat Canada membership
- Provides motivation and leadership on and off the water
- Mediates interpersonal communication issues
- Keeps records of training attendance, if needed
- Oversees boat maintenance and schedule
- Attends the CCDBCN annual boat festival planning meeting with the
- President or VP and provides the Team with relevant information from the meeting
- Registers the team for festivals and training camps
- Ensures that a festival manager is assigned for each festival
- Brings a copy of all Member Information Forms to practices and festivals
- Prepares a Captain’s Report each month
- Liaises with the coach, as necessary
- Maintains 1st Aid and CPR certification
- Brainstorms for fund raising ideas with team members at general meetings
- Establishes and supports committees to manage fund raising initiatives
- Coordinates and oversees fundraising activities
- Ensures that appropriate advertising for events (posters, radio, newspaper, digital signs) is planned and coordinated
- Provides financial summary of expenses, money earned, and final totals to members
- Ensures permits or licenses for events are arranged